About Me

My photo
Some days I wake up feeling 60 and other days I wake up feeling 6. So if your within that age group .. we can relate.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

They STOLE colour !!!!!

I love going to central Market. I was there so much last year it was practically my second home .

BRENDAN.AND.ANNA.I.MISS.YOU!!!!!!

I digress, anyway the one thing i used to love doing was standing up at the Pasar Seni LRT station to spot new graffiti painted on the wall below . I blogged about this sometime back ... I'd link you to the post but due to me being ehem.. technologically challenged .. ok ok i dont know how to do the linky things ok . I will learn someday . Go through my my 'extensive' archive and look for it. Anyhoo i'll post some of my old shots i took of the graffiti there :








Lets take a closer look














Its so colourful and pretty =)


So a few weeks ago i had to go to Central Market for an event. So the first thing i did when i got down from the LRT was excitedly looking out for new graffiti eger to take more pics . To my



A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E H.O.R.R.O.R

I SAW THIS


|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\|/


Gone. Gone . Gone. all the pretty pictures . G.O.N.E !!!!!

OMG dam sakit hati wei ! I know graffiti in the first place is a form of vandalism . BUT IT WAS BEAUTIFUL . IT WAS ART. and if u look through the internet everyone was all abuzz about it . FOR GOD SAKES the tourist thought it was part of the tourist attraction and they in turn were blogging about the 'urban art scene' of MA-LAh-SIA,

"Looks like their pretty 'ghetto' in that country after all ey "

to me painting over these works of art was a bigger act of vandalism then what the graffiti artist did in the first place. Hello tell me which would u rather see, a fugly monsoon drain with bare walls or a fugly monsoon drain with colorful and interesting artworks . They made something ugly beautiful , and what do these people do? Keep the ugly and paint over the beauty.


Anyways i'm happy to see that this didn't deter these artist . They are re-drawing on the walls to restore its former beauty.


Slow and steady . Hopefully the next time i pass by that side I'll see more progress. One thing that i was curious about however was on the lettering painted beside the wall



The whole time i was trying to make out what these words represented :


" Was it the gang name of these artist ?"

"AKU BUKAN UNTA ?"

"Did a guy name ABU do all this . Wow imagine being called Abu. Not exactly the nama glamor no wonder he wants his name plastered everywhere "

"AKU BELA ULAR?"


Yes the possibilities were endless . In the end i was convinced with my third 'reasoning' which was, ABU who was pissed with his un-glam name decided to make up for it by writing it all over in bold.

However as i was walking back from Central Market back to the station . Amid the graffiti covered walls the answer to my question popped out



OOOOoooooooooo . Sorry Abu, my Bad.




"Painting: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic."
- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
US author & satirist (1842 - 1914)-

No comments: